Our commitment to your privacy
Every time you use GolfBurnaby.ca, you give us information. It may include:
- anonymous information about how you accessed the website or the documents you downloaded, or
- personal information that you provided when you registered for, paid for or requested a service, or signed up for a newsletter.
No matter what information you share with us, Golf Burnaby and the City of Burnaby are committed to protecting your privacy. We collect, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and other applicable legislation.
Most websites, including the Golf Burnaby’s, use “cookies” which are small data files saved on your device to ensure the website works efficiently and maximizes your user experience. Cookies help your device remember your preferences, such as font size and colour. Our cookies do not collect or share personal information or install anything on your device.
We collect personal information when you:
- make an inquiry via email. When you email us, we ask for your name and mailing or email address for the purpose of responding to your enquiry. Only those who “need to know” will have access to the information you provide.
- register on our Club Prophet Golf Reservation and POS System. Information collected during the registration process is collected in compliance with the privacy provisions of FIPPA.
- book tee times or register for programs. Any information collected for these purposes is used solely by the Golf Division for administering the programs and making reservations. Information provided is also used to verify a customer's identity and approve eligibility for reservations and discounted rate programs.
The information you provide allows us to meet your specific needs and expectations, as well as our business needs. When you use our programs, services and facilities, you will receive a personalized printed receipt validating the programs, purchases and reservations you've paid for.
Your personal information is never improperly disclosed or sold to outside parties.
If you've signed up for and consented to receive our eNewsletter containing news, updates and promotions from Golf Burnaby, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
To learn more, read the City of Burnaby's complete Digital Communications Privacy Statement.