Private and semi-private lessons
Whether you're just starting out or want to improve your game, our PGA of Canada professionals can help take your game to the next level. We offer small group lessons, or one-on-one personal lessons for those wanting to address specific needs. Private and semi-private lessons are available year round and lessons are scheduled at times convenient for you. We aim to be as flexible as possible so you can learn when and how you want to.
For lesson times and to register, please call the course where you want to take your lessons. If you have your own equipment, please bring it with you. Please arrive 15 minutes early. With heated, dry stalls at both driving ranges, most lessons are unaffected by poor weather. But if you're not sure, contact the pro shop. If you need to withdraw from the program we require 72 hours notice. If you are sick, please let us know and stay home. Your lesson will be rescheduled (or credited) without penalty.
Burnaby Mountain: 604-280-7355
Whether you take lessons individually or with a friend, our flexible, year-round private and semi-private lessons are tailored to meet your needs. Fees include equipment (if required) and range balls. For more information, call the course where you wish to take your lessons.
|Number of students||$ Adult
(per person, pricing excludes tax)
|$ Junior and Youth
(per person, pricing excludes tax)
|Single lesson (45 min)||1||$90.48 +||$76.90 +|
|2||$76.90 +||$69.05 +|
|Three lessons (45 min each)||1||$266.67 +||$226.67 +|
|2||$226.67 +||$204.76 +|
|Ten lessons (45 min each)||1||$885.71 +||$752.38 +|
|2||$752.38 +||$676.19 +|
|*Fifteen hour lesson package||1||$1,761.90 +||$1,500.00 +|
|2||$1,500.00 +||$1,347.62 +|
*Fifteen hour package to be redeemed in 30, 60, 90, or 120 min increments
Approach to learning
Our goal at Golf Burnaby is to make the game as easy as possible to learn, to enjoy and to play for a lifetime. Our instructors are all members of the Professional Golfers' Association of Canada (PGA of Canada) and we're dedicated to providing every student with an understanding of the fundamentals of golf in a relaxed and enjoyable learning environment!
Our community programs
Golf Burnaby is committed to introducing the game of golf to children and teens through our partnership with the Burnaby School Board. Our goal is to help students learn the basics and spark their interest in learning more about golf and improving their skills. We offer 2 lesson programs—one for elementary school children and one for high school kids.
Elementary School Program
- lessons are provided at schools by at least 2 instructors (all instructors have passed a criminal records check)
- lessons are available to grade 5 students (grade 4 and 6 classes added if the instructors have extra time)
- program consists of 4 sections: overview, putting, full-swing, putting contest
Over the past 12 years, Golf Burnaby has introduced the game of golf to over 13,000 elementary students.
High School Program
- program is offered to grade 10 students
- instructions are led by at least 2 instructors, at least one a PGA of Canada professional (all instructors have passed a criminal records check)
- program consists of 4 lessons: introduction to the basics of golf and the golf swing, putting, chipping and full swing
- introductory lessons are held at either the school or one of the Burnaby courses
- a fee of $10 per student is charged to cover the costs of balls, rental equipment and instruction
Over the past 14 years, more that 16,000 high school students have taken part in this program.